Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So far..

The classes I have are, at a pace, teaching me to see things from different perspectives and help me think and deeply look into the one thing we use everyday (our language). It has opened up my eyes as to where its origin, and code came from since the days of first human communication. I found the Yo-He-Ho theory to be interesting because I would never come across the idea that our origin of communication may have come from the sounds we made with our, never knew these words until class today lol, larynx and pharynx. I'm glad I'm slowly learning how to blog, as annoying as it is, i guess its easier if the class is to connect.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, you're right. I like how things are going in each class. I like what Prof. Jerskey said today. She said something along the lines of, "sometimes we take language for granted". I feel it's very much true because, most of us speak it. But we never really sit down to think about where it originated from, & the process it has come to be. We all just speak it. I, myself am guilty of using it the wrong way, even though I now know there's no right or wrong way, I guess. Sometimes, believe it or not, when I meet people for the first time, they tend to get really bad impressions of me, because of my bad mouth. Like shouting when I'm angry & using curse words in the most horrible ways, lol. I mean, to me, it's kinda like an ugly way to express myself when I am angry. It's not "lady-like" first of all. It just happens naturally, because that's what I've "known" growing up... That's about to change, lol. It's just best to relax & re-evaluate whatever situation I'm in, to get the best results. These courses are very eye-opening. I would like to work on using language the "appropiate" way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you stated at the beginning what you have taken out of the class so far. I feel the same until this point, still a bit confused with the connections, but I believe it will soon open up and we will have a better understanding soon.

    ReplyDelete